Newbie question

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Newbie question

Post by jaybee47 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:09 am

Just acquired my HCCA membership. Am asking if there is a dealer or person who sells horseless carriages. I currently have a 1922 Ford Model T but I have a desire to have an earlier and running vehicle from the transition of a horse wagon to a motorized wagon. I've seen reproduction vehicles via ebay and craigslist but my preference is for the real McCoy. Thanks much for your comments and recommendations. Jay.

Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:29 pm
Location: canada

Re: Newbie question

Post by F12MAC » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Check out the cars for sale section on H.C.C.A website which we are in.
Cruise around this website lots of good info and links.
Lastly welcome aboard,you are in for a fun ride. Cheers pete

User avatar
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Newbie question

Post by MochetVelo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't know of any brass-era dealers, but there are a many sources for brass-era cars. Other than the HCCA web page, there is, eBay,, the AACA forum "For Sale" section, the MTFCA Forum Classifieds (for Model T cars). My suggestion is to advertise for your search on Hemmings or one of the forums. Indicate what condition and budget you have. Check our the "For Sale" section here to get an idea of prices. A decent running brass car can run anywhere from around $15000 up to "a lot more". You might also visit Hershey this October. There are always some cars for sale there. Of course, an auction purchase is also a possibility (RM/Sothebys, Bonhams, etc.).


Post Reply