19th Annual Skagit/Snohomish Fall Tour

Share photos, videos, schedules and your experience touring in Brass-Era autos
Steve Hammatt

19th Annual Skagit/Snohomish Fall Tour

Post by Steve Hammatt » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:31 pm

The Skagit-Snohomish Regional Group's 19th Annual Fall Tour was recently announced by Dave and Elaine Ellis, Co-Tour Directors. The "Panhandle Scramble" will be held in the Idaho Panhandle, based in Coeur d'Alene, ID Sept 11-14, 2016. Headquarters will be the Best Western Plus - Coeur d'Alene Inn. 506 W Appleway Ave, Coeur d'Alene ID 83814. http://www.cdainn.com tele: 206-765-3200. For additional information, contact Elaine and Dave Ellis, 21611 88th Dr NE, Arlington, WA 98223. efedbe@comcast.net tele: 360-403-3298.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

jeff deringer

Re: 19th Annual Skagit/Snohomish Fall Tour

Post by jeff deringer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 am

Too bad great tours like this take place after school has started. I would recommend this one. I know there are many reasons to have tours after Labor Day. We attended many of these before our kids entered school, but now it's just not feasible unless we were to leave the kids home, and the stars aligned for parents to make it work to go by themselves. We like to spend our vacation money on family trips, so that's probably not an option for us. The irony is funny when I read posts on this same board lamenting the lack of young people in the hobby and club!
Last edited by jeff deringer on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Hammatt

Re: 19th Annual Skagit/Snohomish Fall Tour

Post by Steve Hammatt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 am

Jeff
I appreciate your comments and would like to offer what I understand was (and is) some of the reasoning for the timing of the Skagit/Snohomish Fall Tour. While I'm a late comer to the the club's formation I understand that some of the reasons for this established "one weekend after Labor Day Weekend" timing are: availability of suitable accommodations at reasonable rates due to the popularity of the PacNW as a tourist vacation area. Also, the need to fit our tours into a very crowded summer season of tours and events for other clubs. Years ago my wife and I were tour chairmen for our club. We literally "overlapped" our base hotel and town by hours with another large maritime multi-day events. If we'd been scheduled earlier, it wouldn't have worked.
All that said, we do get tour participants that seem to be able to occasionally work-around these difficulties and attend. For that we're grateful.
Please come join us when you can, we'd love to see you again!
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA